I have a new toy on back-order with Amazon.
In short, I'm after most of the iPhone features without the phone part. I want:
- A Video Player (including DIVX)
- A Music Player (including OGG)
- A browser over WiFi in a pinch
- A small form factor with decent battery life
- WiFi connectivity
It's not an ideal device, but it's a start.
- I'd like to see an iPhone-like browser, but Opera will do - this isn't my main browser
- If I need a full-power browser I'll bust out a laptop.
- I wish I had a competitive device that would play iTunes content
As an additional plus, the Archos will allow me to play Flash content. In general, I'm not seeing a compelling reason to purchase an iPhone over the 605. At a minimum, until until Apple fixes the iPhone's Bluetooth stack to let me sync calendar and contact over Bluetooth, I'll be looking elsewhere.