Monday, August 27, 2007

New Toy

I have a new toy on back-order with Amazon.

In short, I'm after most of the iPhone features without the phone part. I want:


  • A Video Player (including DIVX)

  • A Music Player (including OGG)

  • A browser over WiFi in a pinch

  • A small form factor with decent battery life

  • WiFi connectivity



It's not an ideal device, but it's a start.

  • I'd like to see an iPhone-like browser, but Opera will do - this isn't my main browser
  • If I need a full-power browser I'll bust out a laptop.

  • I wish I had a competitive device that would play iTunes content



As an additional plus, the Archos will allow me to play Flash content. In general, I'm not seeing a compelling reason to purchase an iPhone over the 605. At a minimum, until until Apple fixes the iPhone's Bluetooth stack to let me sync calendar and contact over Bluetooth, I'll be looking elsewhere.

No comments: